New Surface Design Courses Coming 2019
Here is the scoop…
We are busy working on new Surface Design courses for you! There are lots of exciting changes happening as part of this and they will be ready in 2019.
Join our list below to be notified when the new course is ready by filling in the enquire now form below.
What is Surface Design?
Surface Design is a form of commercial illustration. Put simply it is about learning how to create designs and then put them into technical repeat. Surface Design courses often teaches you how to create designs that are suitable for a wide variety of applications including homewares, textiles, paper products, fabrics and many other surfaces. It is a great skill for illustrators, graphic designers, or anyone looking to create their own range or range of products.
- Simple interface with lots of visuals and videos.
- Great online community with lively, inspiring, discussion boards with educators + peers
- Academic calendar + simple assessment submission keeps all your information in one place to easily track your progress.
- Quick turnaround on assessment marking + regular contact with your educator.
“I loved every minute of my time at iscd. I loved the variety of topics and tasks. I especially loved the inspiring and supportive teachers who always shared their industry based knowledge.” Shelly Acland
What you can learn in a Surface Design Course
- Colour and design knowledge for swimwear, wallpaper, gifts and soft furnishings
- The technical requirements of being a Surface Designer with Adobe Illustrator,
- Hand drawing skills and learn to work with a variety of mixed media
- To present designs and concepts at a professional for clients and employers
- Create mood boards to develop design themes and colour palettes for you and your client
- To recognise trends and how to apply these trends
- Setting up your own freelance Surface Design business
- Working in a design studio
- Designing, manufacturing and selling your own product range
With over 30 years of design industry experience and a forward-thinking focus iscd is a creative and supportive environment.
Work with our industry partners on design briefs and graduate with real-world experience.
This course includes industry briefs and awards to provide you with strong foundations for working in the design industry.