Styling is the practice of creating a beautiful room, studio or set to meet a brief for a particular aesthetic for a large-scale photo shoot, product photography or flatlay. These skills are applicable for product styling, set styling, photography styling or interior styling.
This course, endorsed by the Home Beautiful editorial team, with inspiring, beautiful and course-relevant content from Home Beautiful magazine. Covering the latest in local and international design trends; practical case studies with lots of take-out ideas, and expert styling tips, tricks and advice.
The course culminates in analysing a styling brief and providing a complete styling solution.
Enrol now and save
Use code ‘SUMMERSPECIAL’ and receive 40% off course fee’s
What you learn
- Identify and explain styling specialisations within the design industry.
- Apply elements and principles of design to a specified space.
- Communicate design concepts and choices in both visual and written formats.
- Demonstrate a styling concept in response to a specific brief; with consideration to spatial planning, furniture, finishes, materials and accessories.
How you learn
Our online courses are designed to optimise your touch points and create a dynamic and engaging learning experience. All your support is through a dedicated online learning portal and you will receive support from an industry trainer. When studying online with iscd you will become a member of a community allowing you the opportunity to share, learn and network with other students.
Your enrolment is a subscription-based model, with full access to all published resources for the published duration of the course. (See the specific course page for more details.)
You can also read more here on our FAQ section
Course Price: $650 inc. gst
Course Duration: 6 Modules, approx. 3 hrs each
Trainer Support Period: 6 weeks from date of purchase
Subscription Duration: 6 weeks from date of purchase
Module 1: Introduction to styling and elements and principles of design
- Elements and principles in styling
- Composition and vignettes
Module 2: Developing mood
- Creating ambience and seasonal style
- How to create mood boards
Module 3: Materials
- Soft materials and hard materials
- Window and wall treatments
Module 4: Spatial planning
- Interior styling and room layouts
- Reading plans
Planning for key rooms in the house
Module 5: Furniture and accessories
- Furniture selection
- Accessories and artwork
- Lighting design
Module 6: Styling in practice
- Trends in styling
- Design conceptualisation
- Concept analysis + how to develop a concept
- Final Home Beautiful Project
“Design the world you want to live”
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Contact us on 02 8355 3838 or 03 8372 0000 to chat with a specialist course advisor about your study options, or let us know a little bit about you and we can call you back.