New Styling Short Course is here!
Styling Essentials – Launching Week Commencing April 29
Designed with industry partner Home Beautiful get access to amazing content, case studies, trends and live Q&A session with the editorial team.
Styling is the practice of designing a scheme for an existing space to create a certain aesthetic to meet a certain brief. This could be product styling, set styling, photography styling or interior styling. This 6 week, 3 hours course will take you through the elements and principles of design, functional floor plans, how to create mood, soft furnishing/product selection, though to the impact of colour, lighting and accessories.
Styling Professionals – Launching September 2019 – this course is for designers looking to gain more confidence in styling or for those wishing to be a stylist as a profession. It is a more intensive course where you are then given a series of challenges to hone your skills.
What you learn
- Types of styling applications and how they differ in execution
- Identify elements and principles of design and describe how these elements and principles are being used within a space
- How to locate required suppliers and resources for a styling project
- Gain a general understanding of furniture, finishes, materials, and accessories required to complete a styling project
- How to create designs to explain your styling concept
- Practice your styling skills in response to a specific brief
“iscd has been the foundation of many facets of my career. From small beginnings many years ago, the iscd education team mentored many decisions to craft my future in the design industry.” Dani Butchart
Online Study is more engaging than ever!
- Simple interface with lots of visuals and videos.
- Great online community with lively, inspiring, discussion boards with educators + peers
- Live Q&A session with the Home Beautiful Editorial team
Styling skills are applicable to;
- Magazine Styling
- Real Estate Styling
- Residential Styling
- Event Styling
- Visual Merchandising
- Retail/Product Styling
With over 30 years of design industry experience and a forward-thinking focus and creative and supportive environment.
Work with our industry partners on design briefs and graduate with real-world experience.
This course includes industry briefs and awards to provide you with strong foundations of working within the design industry