We’re Currently Updating Our CIV in Design Course
Here is the scoop…
We are busy updating the Certificate IV in Design course for you! There are lots of exciting changes happening as part of this and they will be ready in 2019.
Join our list below to be notified when the new course is ready by filling in the enquire now form below.
What is the Certificate IV in Design?
The Certificate IV in Design (CUA40715) lets you explore your natural style and learn the fundamental elements and principles of design. The Certificate is a nationally recognised course providing the essential foundation studies for a career in the design industry.
Focusing on the foundation skills in design you will learn design techniques, colour application and the ability to create clever and inspiring designs by applying the creative process.
This nationally recognised qualification is our most popular course as it gives you the correct skills, knowledge and qualification needed to break into the design industry or go onto further study.
Online Study Details
- Simple interface with lots of visuals and videos.
- Great online community with lively, inspiring, discussion boards with educators + peers
- Academic calendar + simple assessment submission keeps all your information in one place to easily track your progress.
- Quick turnaround on assessment marking + regular contact with your educator.
- Pop up campuses throughout the year for you to connect to our community. Meet peers, educators + have one-on-one sessions.
“Certificate IV has been a great foundation course – I have thoroughly enjoyed experimenting, painting learning in a nurturing environment and getting my hands dirty. I look forward to undertaking the Surface Design Diploma and am very excited about continuing my creative development and discovering my own style.” Rachel Grimes – Carmichael.
Our Certificate IV in Design is iscd‘s foundation course, which introduces you to the world of design.
You’ll graduate with a holistic understanding of the design industry and a skill set that can be applied to all areas of design. As this course is currently being reviewed and updated more details on the new course will be available soon!
- How to develop colour palettes and apply colour principles
- How to develop your illustration/drawing techniques to represent concepts across all design disciplines
- How to interpret and respond to industry design briefs
- How to professionally present a major project in spatial and product design
After completing the Certificate IV in Design, many graduates go on to secure industry positions in support roles such as a junior designer or assistant, in a range of design related businesses. You graduate with a portfolio of work and the essential knowledge to continue your studies in your chosen design specialisation.
You can keep up to date with current jobs that are available now in the design industry on our job board
Designer Rugs, Papier D’Amour, Hardie Grant Publishers, Eckersleys Art & craft, The Heartful Travellers