Certificate Iv in Interior Decoration and Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration are governed by the Australian Skills and Qualification Authority and identified as Nationally Recognised Training (NRT) Courses. It means your qualification is recognised anywhere in Australia or overseas.
- Certificate IV in Interior Decoration – Looking to train in interior decoration? Our Certificate IV in Interior Decoration teach you everything you need from design process and colour foundation to design history, drawing and rendering, soft furnishings, styling and how to present a complete interior design project.
- Diploma of Interior Design + Decoration – This Diploma is a Design Institute of Australia approved course. It provides through training in both residential and commercial interior design. From developing design concepts, architectural history, AutoCad training, hard materials and construction to styling and colour application. Students graduate with an industry relevant portfolio having executed a range of interior design briefs throughout the course.
We have a number of workshops that run throughout the year. Here are some courses and workshops that relate to our courses.
Non Accredited Short Courses
These new short courses are for anyone interested in the world of design. Working on real life briefs to gain practical experience, each one is aimed at giving you the basic foundation knowledge and skills in the specialised areas. Developed with our industry partners to ensure the most relevant content for you to have the best introduction into your chosen subject.
- Colour Essentials – Learn about colour from the experts with this course designed along side Haymes Paints. Gain knowledge of terminology, psychology, and the complexities of colour relationships in action. Understand how to apply colour to space through spatial planning and mood. Understand the impact of light, architectural design influences, the basics in various paint technicalities. Culminate in analysing numerous client scenarios and providing a complete colour scheme to a brief.
- Styling Essentials -Styling is the practice of creating a beautiful room, studio or set to meet a brief for a particular aesthetic for a large-scale photo shoot, product photography or flatlay. These skills are applicable for product styling, set styling, photography styling or interior styling. This course, endorsed by the Home Beautiful editorial team, with inspiring, beautiful and course-relevant content from Home Beautiful magazine. Covering the latest in local and international design trends; practical case studies with lots of take-out ideas, and expert styling tips, tricks and advice. The course culminates in analysing a styling brief and providing a complete styling solution. With a live Q&A session with the Home Beautiful editorial team so you can learn to style with confidence.
- Surface Design Essentials – A Surface Designer creates two-dimensional designs that are suitable for a wide range of applications. Applicable to fabric, fashion, bed and kitchen linen, homewares, stationery, retail packaging, graphic design executions and wallpaper to name a few. In this course we teach you the foundations in creating original designs while creating your own pattern bank then working on Illustrator to gain the technical skills required to create and develop basic patterns into repeat. Your personal design style is nurtured through the course with 1:2:1 feedback on your as you progress.