During this inspiring workshop you will be taken into the world of Lighting and you will never look at Lighting the same way again!
You’ll learn about different types of luminaires and their use – mounting, light distribution, output, colour temperature and sustainability. Our lecturer Lucka will show you the best practice in architectural design, how to enhance the experience of space through the implementation of a well designed lighting scheme, supported with practical exercises.
The workshop includes a field trip to the showroom of a lighting supplier where you will learn first hand how to implement architectural lighting and to what effect.
You will leave the workshop with reference material to begin your lighting library! By the end of this workshop you will have gained valuable knowledge, tools and insight that will propel you forward with your design skills. Add your own flare to this lighting foundation and create new and exciting spaces by designing with light!
Who should attend?
- Home renovators & Design Enthusiasts
- Interior Decorators + Designers
- Property Stylists
- Residential Stylists
- Styling Diploma students + graduates
- Certificate IV in Interior Decoration students + graduates
- Gain the knowledge necessary to make informed decisions when selecting light sources and fitting for your projects. You will look at the many aspects involved including colour, energy consumption, rendition and application.
- Explore different light sources including LED, learn how to compare them and to apply them effectively.
- How to create lighting layouts and what is involved in the specification process.
- How to make the right choices for your clients when it comes to efficiency and energy saving and how to present this.
- Discuss how to present your lighting design to your client effectively and confidently.
- Notebook and Pen (there will be handouts provided)
Venue: iscd Sydney or Melbourne campuses
You can book your workshop online via our events bookings page using a credit card or paypal account.
Just click the book online now button and follow the easy step-by-step process.
- All iscd workshops require a minimum number of students. In the event that the minimum number required is not met the workshop will be cancelled. If a workshop cancellation occurs, you will have the option to transfer your booking to the next available workshop or request a refund.
- There are no cancellations within 7 days of workshops as we have committed resources and costs to each booking.
- In the event that you cannot attend the workshop that you have booked into and the workshop is held, there are no refunds/credits issued.