The Certificate IV in Design (CUA40715) and the Certificate IV in Interior Decoration (MSF40113) are being delivered by the International School of Colour and Design (iscd) RTO 91439. The Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration (MSF50213) is being delivered by iscd on behalf of the Academy of Information Technology (AIT) RTO 90511. Both iscd and AIT are part of the RedHill Education Group.
CLASS COMMENCEMENT POLICY
- A non-refundable $500 deposit and confirmation of payment option are required to secure your place in some of our courses.
- Classes may be cancelled at anytime if the minimum class size is not reached and or maintained.
- In the event of a class being cancelled, students will be notified a minimum of 5 working days prior to class commencement. If a class is cancelled, iscd will advise and discuss alternative options, including refunds.
- Classes close when the optimum number of students is reached. Early enrolment is advised.
STUDENT WITHDRAWAL POLICY
A student can withdraw their enrolment at any time; however a financial fee may occur listed below by course. Any withdrawal fees will be deducted from your total fees paid and a refund of the difference will be processed. No refund for any instalment plan, admin fees or equipment fees, such as the starter kit. All withdrawals must be made in writing to iscd.
Certificate IV in Design (CUA40715)
Industry Diplomas (Styling, Surface, Colour)
Prior to course commencement………………………… $500 deposit
Once course has commenced, first two weeks……… $500 deposit + late withdrawal fee of $500
Two weeks after course has commenced………….. No refund available
Certificate IV in Interior Decoration (MSF40113)
Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration (MSF50213)
Prior to course commencement………………………… No fees
Once course has commenced, first two weeks………… No fees
Two weeks after course has commenced…………….. No refund available
A student can only extend their enrolment between terms, subjects or study bloks. All requests for extension and recommencement must be made in writing to iscd. Extension fees apply.
Please note the following:
- Students on an instalment plan for all courses, excluding the Certificate IV in Interior Decoration (MSF40113) and the Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration (MSF50213) will have their payments continue. Students studying the Certificate IV in Interior
Decoration (MSF40113) or the Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration (MSF50213) will have their payments put on hold, and payments will recommence when studies continue.
- All course payments must be up to date at the time of extension along with the extension fee. The extension fee in non refundable.
- In the event of an increase in fees, students who extend will be required to pay the difference on recommencing studies.
- Only one extension is available per course for on campus study and is for a maximum period of 12 months. There is a fee of $100 per month, or part there of, to be paid at the time of extension application.
- Online study for the Certificate IV in Interior Decoration (MSF40113) and the Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration (MSF50213) allows one extension period per block, $100 fee per block applies.
- A student will recommence into the appropriate class following an evaluation of previous work completed by an educator.
- As courses are continually upgraded some course content may alter. In the event of a change in course structure/content, every effort will be made to assist in the recommencement of studies. It is advisable to contact iscd as soon as you are ready to return to study so all necessary arrangements can be made. The cost of a private lesson (if required) and/or kit update will be at the student’s cost.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Replacement textbooks, where applicable, that are lost or stolen, will be at a fee of $100.
- Fees can change without notice.
- Terms and Conditions are subject to change at anytime at iscd’s discretion without notice.
- iscd reserves the right to alter subject content, and to withdraw, change or postpone class dates and times as market needs.
- Credit transfer and RPL applications are not eligible for promotional discounts.
- Campus Visit promotions are only available to new students who enrol on the day.
COURSE ENTRY CRITERIA
- School Certificate or equivalent is required to commence the Certificate IV in Design (CUA40715) and the Certificate IV in Decoration (MSF40113).
- A Higher School Certificate or equivalent is required to commence the Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration (MSF50213).
- A Certificate IV in Design is required to commence an iscd Industry Diploma.
- English level IELTS 5.5 is required for all the iscd courses.
- All Applicants must be over the age of 18. Exception can be made on a case to case basis. If a student is under the age of 18 the parent/guardian is responsible for approval and the payment of the course fees.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) acknowledges skills and knowledge obtained through:
- Formal training, conducted by industry or educational institutions either in Australia or overseas.
- Work experience.
- Life experience.
Students applying for RPL are required to gather evidence of competence against a module’s learning outcomes either by presenting a portfolio of work or by providing an academic transcript of a course or module completed with another training provider. Application forms for RPL are available from iscd and must be forwarded with copies of all supporting documentation at least two weeks prior to course commencement. A non-refundable fee of $100 will be charged for this assessment.
- Late assessment fee: If your work is required to be assessed or reassessed by your educator after your final class, a $100 late assessment fee will apply.
- Re-print of document: In the event you require a document re-printed, for example a certificate, this is at a printing and administration cost of $50 per document.
- Students can transfer between classes, courses or study modes at the end of a subject or term providing space is available. A transfer fee of $100 will be charged. Transfer requests must be made in writing to iscd.
- Private Lessons: Private lessons for additional tuition or to catch up on lessons missed are charged at a rate of $95 per hour.
- The iscd starter kit is available for purchase for $378. There is a AU $150 charge for international postage and packaging.
- Additional course materials: Additional materials may be required for purchase throughout your course.
USE OF STUDENT WORK AND MATERIALS
iscd may at times be required to show or exhibit students’ work or submissions to government authorities in order to demonstrate compliance with government requirements. iscd also uses students’ submissions for marketing purposes in brochures, videos, live demonstrations, official social media channels and other promotional materials and activities. iscd uses the student work while acknowledging that the work is the product of its students and iscd does not in any way claim ownerships or copyright of the material. By acknowledging these Terms and Conditions students of iscd agree that iscd can use their submitted work for these purposes.
STUDENT GRIEVANCE, COMPLAINTS AND APPEALS POLICY
This policy is informed by the requirements of SNR 15.1 The NVR registered training organisation collects, analyses, and acts on relevant data for continuous improvement of training and assessment.
SNR 16.2 The NVR registered training organisation continuously improves client services by collecting, analysing and acting on relevant data.
SNR 16.7 The NVR registered training organisation provides appropriate mechanisms and services for learners to have complaints and appeals addressed efficiently and effectively.
SNR 17.2 The NVR registered training organisation uses a systematic and continuous improvement approach to the management of operations.
Grievance – A grievance exists when a student is not satisfied with the products or services provided by iscd.
Complaint – A grievance becomes a complaint when a student submits a Complaints Form to iscd.
Appeal – A student may appeal against any decision made by iscd by submitting a Complaints Appeal Form, or an Assessment Appeal Form.
Assessment Appeal – An Assessment Appeal is an appeal against an assessment decision, made by submitting an Assessment Appeal Form.
GRIEVANCES, COMPLAINTS AND APPEALS
If a student is not satisfied with their assessment results, generally, the first person to see about this is the educator. If the issue cannot be resolved through speaking with the educator, the student should discuss it with the Head of Education.
If the issue cannot be resolved through speaking with the Head of Education, the student may submit an Assessment Appeals Form to iscd as follows:
- A complaint can be lodged in writing by using the Complaints Form. A student can lodge their complaint at the Administration office. A written record of the complaint will be kept on file.
- A student will have the opportunity to formally present their case at no cost. Either party to the complaint may be accompanied and assisted by a support person at any relevant meeting.
- The iscd General Manager – Operations will investigate and respond to all complaints lodged by a student within 10 working days of the formal lodgement of the complaint with supporting information.
- The student will be notified of the outcome, including details of the reasons for the outcome. If the process results in a decision in favour of the student, iscd will immediately implement the decision and advise the student of the actions taken.
- Students who are not satisfied with the outcome of their complaint may submit an Appeals Form to iscd. The iscd General Manager will investigate and respond to all appeals lodged by a student within 10 working days of the formal lodgement of the appeal with supporting information.
- Students who are not satisfied with the outcome of their complaint or appeal may wish to refer to an external agency, e.g.
The Department of Fair Trading (13 3220) – Further information may be obtained from the Department’s website: www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au
The iscd General Manager – Operations will investigate and respond to all Assessment Appeals lodged by a student within 10 working days of the formal lodgement of the Assessment Appeal with supporting information.
iscd will maintain a student’s enrolment while a complaint or appeal process is on-going. However, iscd reserves the right to suspend a student from attending class or visiting the iscd campus if that is considered necessary during this period.
The setting up of an Instalment Plan with FFA PaySmart incurs a $5.50 set up administration fee. In addition to the set-up fee the following administrative fee of $2.95 per transaction applies.
iscd uses a 3rd party to set up Instalment Plans. A student who enrols at iscd and selects the Instalment Plan payment option is agreeing to the FFA PaySmart Terms and Conditions details below. Instalment Plans must be completed in full 2 weeks prior to your last class.
FFA PAYSMART DIRECT DEBIT REQUEST SERVICE AGREEMENT
- FFA PaySmart (Debit User) will debit the bank account/credit card nominated in the Schedule of this Direct Debit Request as specified. The Debit User may, by prior arrangement and advice to us vary the amount or frequency of future debits.
- Should the original Terms and Conditions of this authority need to be varied a minimum of fourteen days’ notice will be provided by the business to you. Queries arising as a result of any such variation must be notified to FFA PaySmart two working days prior to the debit date the variation would apply.
- Deferment or alteration (written or verbal) by the customer to the debiting schedule will be considered subject to the Terms and Conditions of any agreement between you and the business named in this direct debit request for whom FFA PaySmart (Debit User) acts on behalf of.
- If a debit item is disputed FFA PaySmart (Debit User) or your Financial Institution must be notified immediately. FFA PaySmart will endeavour to resolve this matter within Industry agreed time frames. Disputed debit items resolved in favour of FFA PaySmart will incur an administration fee.
- Direct debiting through BECS is not available on all accounts. You are advised to check your account details against a recent statement from your financial institution. If uncertain, you should check with your Financial Institution before completing the DDR.
- When a debit day falls on a weekend and/or a national public holiday all debits for that weekend or national public holiday will be processed on the PREVIOUS WORKING DAY. If unsure, you should contact FFA PaySmart (Debit User).
- FFA PaySmart may, under certain provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 give information about you to a credit reporting agency. This information will be limited to repayments which are overdue pursuant to the Terms and Conditions of any contractual agreement between you and the business named in this direct debit request and for which debt collection has started.
- It is your responsibility to ensure cleared funds are available in your nominated bank account/credit card to meet the direct debit payment. If a debit is returned unpaid by your Financial Institution, you will be responsible for payment of the debit plus an additional $15.00 for return fees and administrative costs incurred by FFA PaySmart (Debit User). If FFA PaySmart (Debit User) has not received
instruction to the contrary from you, we will debit both the next due payment and any overdue amounts on your next scheduled debit date.
- This authority shall stand pursuant to the Terms and Conditions of any contractual agreement between you and business named in this direct debit request. The administration only of this authority is conducted by FFA PaySmart (Debit User) acting as a billing agent for the business. The services provided by FFA PaySmart are administrative only and do not extend to the provision of any services or benefits provided by the business/centre. This authority shall be interpreted and enforced pursuant to the laws of the state of Queensland.
- To stop or cancel a direct debit it is recommended that you contact the business named in this direct debit request in the first instance. The Terms and Conditions or any agreement between you and the business for whom FFA PaySmart (Debit User) acts on behalf of must be complied with. However, if a dispute occurs between you and the business all enquiries regarding a stop or cancellation of
a direct debit should be directed to either FFA PaySmart (Debit User) or your own Financial Institution.
- Collected funds are held in trust until disbursement. In event of fraud where FFA PaySmart is not at fault, FFA Paysmart will be free of any legal liability.
- No account records or account details will be disclosed to any person or persons except where such information is required in connection with any claim relating to an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit.
- All enquiries in relation to refunds must be directed to the business named in this direct debit request.
FOR FULL TERMS + CONDITIONS REFER TO THE RELEVANT COURSES ENROLMENT/APPLICATION FORM.
On campus census dates
Online census dates
Click the pdf document here.