What is Certificate IV in Decoration?
It’s never been easier to study Interior Design online.
Focusing on the essential skills you will need as an Interior Decorator,
the course teaches you the foundations of colour and design whilst equipping you with all of the necessary practical skills to work within the decorating industry. The course is a perfect blend of theoretical elements, hands on practical experience, and real life industry briefs to ensure that you are ready to launch yourself into the interiors industry on completion.
Explore how to create design concepts, communicate and present your ideas confidently and deliver comprehensive and well-resolved interior schemes. You will learn how to confidently work with soft furnishings, room layouts, specifying colour, styling interiors and illustrating your ideas.
You will graduate with an extensive portfolio of work, essential industry contacts and the confidence to succeed in the interiors industry.
Study Interior Decoration Online
Our online study option is completed over 45 weeks, 12 hours per week.
Become an Interior Decorator by completing the 10 Units of Competencies that make up the MSF40113 Certificate IV in Decoration.
This course is supported by iscd which adds 30+ years of industry knowledge and educational experience.
We have developed an online experience with consultation from our interior design industry contacts so you will graduate with the confidence to build a successful career in design.
With the flexibility of online, login anywhere, from any device, and study at your own pace in your own time.
Finish your interiors diploma program by gaining practical and technical skills to thrive as an Interior Decorator.
What you’ll learn:
- An extensive knowledge of colour theory and its application to design including interior scheming, finishes and the effects of lighting in interiors.
- An understanding of client analysis and expectations for design projects including project co-ordination, fees, scheduling, presentation and concept generation.
- In depth knowledge of soft furnishings, furniture and spatial design
- The ability to confidently source and style furniture and accessories in response to a client brief
- The ability to produce architectural drawings including perspective drawings to communicate concepts.
- The ability to generate ideas and concepts to create decorating solutions for interior spaces including material and finishes selections, furniture layouts and materials boards for client presentations.
- Developing your design identity and setting up your business
- Drawing and documentation of design concepts and ideas.
After completing the MSF40113 Certificate IV in Interior Decoration, graduates go onto secure industry positions such as;
- Interior Decorators
- Residential Stylists
- Property Stylists
- Business Owners
- Colour Consultants
- Magazine Stylists
- BSBDES302A Explore the creative design process to 2D forms
- BSBCRT501A Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills
- BSBDES301A Explore the use of colour
- BSBDES401A Generate design solutions
- BSBDES303A Explore and apply the creative design process to 3D forms
- BSBDES502 Establish, negotiate and refine a design brief
- BSBDES305A Source and apply information on the history and theory of design
DRAWING & DOCUMENTATION
- CUVACD303A Produce technical drawings
- CUVACD301A Produce drawings to communicate ideas
- MSFID4001 Research, analyse and apply colour for interior spaces
- MSFID5009 Research and recommend colour and applied finishes
- MSFID4005 Research and recommend soft furnishings for interiors
- MSFID4003 Prepare a materials board for client presentation
DESIGN INDUSTRY PRACTICE
- MSFID4011 Determine work, health and safety (WHS) implications or interior effects
- BSBDES304A Source and apply design industry knowledge
- MSFID5010 Provide interior styling service
- MSFID4004 Research and recommend furniture accessories
RESIDENTIAL INTERIORS (1)
- MSFID4002 Decorate residential interiors
- BSBDES403 Develop and extend design skills and practice
- Inside Out Magazine
- Temple & Webster
- Di Lorenzo Tiles
- Designer Rugs
Assessments are made up of a series of research and practical briefs that include a major residential design project.
With over 30 years of design industry experience and a forward-thinking focus and creative and supportive environment.
Work with our industry partners on design briefs and graduate with real-world experience.
Study at home with our online program. 12 hours a week for 52 weeks.
You can enrol into the Certificate IV in Interior Decoration (MSF40113) at anytime with weekly intakes and get started straight away.
If you are looking to study the Certificate IV in Interior Decoration on campus in Sydney or Melbourne please CLICK HERE
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Contact us on 02 8355 3838 or 03 8372 0000 to chat with a specialist course advisor about your study options, or let us know a little bit about you and we can call you back.
Is this course not quite right for you?
Short Courses & Workshops
We have a number of workshops and short courses that are available online or on campus. Here are some courses and workshops that relate to this course.
Upskill your current qualifications
Already qualified in most of these course subjects? You might like to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning and expand your current skill set with one of our specialised diplomas available via Distance Education.