Colour Short Course Overview
This short (leisure) course is for those avid design lovers who want to learn more about colour. We introduce you to the world of colour and how to use it in your personal style in your home. You’ll discover your colour preferences, how to create mood plus how to analyse a room for it’s decorating requirements. We provide you with a colour journal on campus or complete course online which includes colour swatches and step you through creating collages to create new balanced colour palettes to suite a desired theme. We explore colour not just on walls but also through nature and texture incorporating fabric into the mix as well. This is a fun, practical course that will give you confidence in understanding and applying colour in your interior space.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who loves colour and design who is looking for more understanding of how to use it in their life. This course is a perfect entry point designed to introduce people to colour, what it means to you and how to use colour to reflect your personal style in your home.
- No entry requirements for Understanding Colour
- Finding your personal colour preferences
- Mood and colour palettes
- Psychology of colour
- Colour Scheme Development
- Mood through tone and colour
- Discovering Texture – Pattern + Fabric
- Inspiration from Nature
- Your colour style board
- Note pad and pen.
- Magazines and or images to cut up and use for collages and exercises.
- Recommend students bring photo’s or images of 2 different rooms of their home: one that is a favourite and one they do not like. (otherwise they can use magazine/real-estate images)
- Snack/food for the day/evening
You can book this short course via the link below. Or alternatively call us on 02 8355 3838 in Sydney or 03 8372 0000 in Melbourne or email email@example.com for more information