At iscd we work closely with industry designers to provide relevant opportunities to share key learnings. We engage with designers to provide inspiration and advice on all things relevant to do with the design world. From running your own business to trends or great designer stories worth sharing from those who are successful in their fields. Hear their advice, gain the skills and be inspired to hone your design and business knowledge to deliver success.
Current Featured Designer
Emma Veiga Malta on business development for the creative business – How to find your niche!
- Can you think beyond the traditional design jobs, products and services?
- Is there a new product or service based on your observations of the world around you?
- Can you pitch your business in 30 seconds?
- Should you work for free? To boost your portfolio?
We are thrilled to have Emma Veiga Malta join us for her insights to these questions which will help you figure out how to niche your creative business.
What is niching? It is recognising and refining your distinct skill set, discovering opportunities in the marketplace to differentiate on this and how to build and market a business around this. Plus mentoring and how to keep momentum once you start.
Emma has a 20 year career as an artist and designer that spans both Europe and Australia. Her entrepreneurial journey is an incredible one including a stint in Silicon Valley after winning a ‘Shark Tank-style’ pitch contest. She has been nominated and won awards, and is a coveted guest speaker. She is a source of knowledge on how to increase your revenue, to how to find your business identity, and how to use Facebook Groups to grow your business.
She is also a mentor at The Branson Centre for Entrepreneurship, helping early-stage businesses grow and thrive.
Who should attend?
- Small to medium size business owners – at any stage of their business
- Creatives thinking of starting a business
- Anyone working in design + iscd students getting ready to graduate
- Refining a business idea
- Recognising gaps in the marketplace
- Branding – how to get it right
- Niching – whats your skill and how to differentiate
- Marketing tools and how to use them
- Mentoring and keeping momentum
- Any planning you have done to date on your business
- Your business cards to network
- Your phone or laptop to get online should you need to
- Your ideas and an open mind!
Price: $195.00 each
Venue: iscd Sydney campus
You can book your workshop online via our events bookings page using a credit card or paypal account.
Just click the book online now button and follow the easy step-by-step process.
- All iscd workshops require a minimum number of students. In the event that the minimum number required is not met the workshop will be cancelled. If a workshop cancellation occurs, you will have the option to transfer your booking to the next available workshop or request a refund.
- There are no cancellations within 7 days of workshops as we have committed resources and costs to each booking.
- In the event that you cannot attend the workshop that you have booked into and the workshop is held, there are no refunds/credits issued.