NOMI is an online Australian furniture company that is changing how
Australia buys furniture. By merging technology, leading edge manufacturing
and world class furniture design, NOMI allows customers to customise
affordable designer furniture that is then hand-crafted and delivered to their
For more information, please refer to our website: www.nomi.com.au.
About the Role
The Interior Design Consultant is an outward facing role in a fast-growing
start up company. Reporting to the Director, the Consultant will build
relationships with consumers, businesses, architects and interior designers by
introducing them to the NOMI products and technology.
This phone-based role is suited to someone with industry experience with a
thirst for business development. NOMI is looking for someone who can (and
enjoys) conversing with architects and interior designers: the Consultant must
be a people person, who enjoys chatting to clients, finding their needs, and
resolving them through set means (i.e. the NOMI range).
As part of a small start up team, the Interior Design Consultant will
occasionally assist in other areas of the business. In this fast-paced
environment, there is opportunity to learn and develop holistically. NOMI
looks forward to helping the successful applicant develop a sales career, and
we look forward to discussing these pathways with you.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the Interior Design Consultant are as follows:
• Onboarding trade users onto NOMI II
• Booking presentations with architects and interior designers
• Seeking out new sales opportunities
• Reporting on set tasks and goals in a weekly sale WIP
• Assisting in the development of sales strategies
• Assisting in NOMI’s participation of events, such as trade shows, pop
up stores, etc.
• Assist with other business needs as NOMI requires
The Successful Candidate Will
- Be studying a relevant tertiary course and have industry knowledge
- Be available for 2-3 days a week, working around your university
- Be able to work from our office in Rushcutters Bay, Sydney
- Be a people person – enjoys talking to people!
- Have excellent communication skills
- Want to work in a start-up environment
- Have an interest in business and entrepreneurship
- Be pro-active and be able to problem solve
- Be organised and demonstrate attention to detail
Please complete the DISC personality analysis, and email this, a cover letter
and CV to email@example.com. Please use "Interior Design Consultant" as
your subject heading.