LEARN THE SKILLS REQUIRED IN PHOTOSHOP AND INDESIGN TO IMPROVE YOUR PRESENTATION SKILLS AS AN INTERIOR DESIGN, DECORATOR OR STYLIST.
Our nine-week Visual Communications Short Course has been created for designers, decorators and stylists seeking to improve presentation skills, or to understand what is expected, to show your design ideas in a professional and creative way.
Throughout the course you will explore hand-rendering techniques, as well as digital rendering computer programs, to ensure the professional quality of your design presentations.
Over the nine weeks you will work on various exercises to create a comprehensive portfolio which will be a professional reference tool showing your developed skills of your rendering style and the approach you take to the presentation of design ideas and solutions.
You will also complete one brief to present a design that you can use for your professional portfolio to demonstrate the application of your rendering and presentation skills to interior design projects.
Please note this is a professional short course and as such does require a level of pre-requisite knowledge. Please talk to one of our student advisors to understand if you are eligible for this course.
Who should attend?
- Interior Stylists + Decorators
- Colour Designs / Consultants
- Design Professionals
- Colour Design students + graduates
- Styling students + graduates
Classes will be a combination of current Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration students and working professionals choosing to upskill.
- Understanding what tools, materials and equipment are required to render and present interior design work
- Exploration of pen and pencil techniques
- Hand-rendering techniques to demonstrate interior design materials
- Creating light and shade in perspective drawing to add depth and interest
- Introduction to PhotoShop for Interior Design
- Introduction to InDesign for Interior Design
- Notebook + Pen
- Visual diary
- Laptop (optional)
We provide for you a laptop with inDesign and Photoshop installed for you to work on whilst in class, however if you already have these programs on your own personal laptop, you can bring this with you.
Don’t have inDesign or Photoshop? You can download a free trial from the Adobe website.
- Please call one of our Student Advisors to check the pre-requisite knowledge required for this course. If successful, a student advisor can book you in.
- All iscd short courses require a minimum number of students. In the event that the minimum number required is not met the course will be cancelled. If a course cancellation occurs, you will have the option to transfer your booking to the next available workshop or request a refund.
- In the event that you cannot attend the short course that you have booked into and the workshop is held, there are no refunds/credits issued.
The school’s strong industry connections and flexible study options are integral to helping students achieve their goals. “Whether students attend our North Sydney or Melbourne CBD campus or study online, everyone receives the support they need to realise their potential.”
iscd General Manager,Lucy Sutherland