RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING OR PREREQUISITE TESTING?
If you have previous experience in learning that could potentially be recognised through the Units of Competency (UoC) in our;
- Certificate IV in Design (CUV40311)
- Certificate IV in Interior Decoration (MSF40113)
- Diploma of Interior Design + Decoration (MSF50213)
You can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) please note there is a fee for this process which comes off your course fee should you be successful. Or alternatively for the Certificate IV in Design, you can apply for Prerequisite which will allow you to waive the Certificate IV in Design and go straight into an iscd Diploma
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
RPL is effectively stating that part of a full qualification has been previously attained through either academic studies or work experience. Therefore it is important that this process must assess portfolio or experience in the same way as through the method of training assessment.
How can you achieve RPL?
The RPL application form must be completed extensively, as the requirement set by the Australian Qualifications Framework (ASQA) is to rigorously assess each unit. This requires more than one example to demonstrate competency in that unit, if not through a Statement of Attainment.
When you apply for RPL, each UoC will be assessed and you will receive a discount on your course fee. You will still be required to complete the iscd course, as all of the units of competency have integrated delivery.
Have you completed all of Units of competency and want to waiver the Certificate IV in Design?
At iscd, the Certificate IV in Design is the prerequisite for all of our Industry Diploma courses. We require you to demonstrate your knowledge of the foundation studies we explore, as the methods in which we teach them to receive a course waiver.
If you have completed the Certificate IV in Design elsewhere or feel you have already learnt the fundamentals of design through professional experience, the iscd Prerequisite process provides you with the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge to ensure you will understand our learning methods in order to take on an Industry Diploma with us and get the maximum learning experience possible.
HOW TO DECIDE IF YOU APPLY FOR RPL OR PREREQUISITE?
- If you have been working in the industry or can supply supporting evidence of previous study for all Units of Competency in the Certificate IV in Design course. Then you apply for prerequisite to go straight into an Industry Diploma in Colour Design, Surface Design or Styling.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
- If you have previously studied any of the Units of Competency detailed in the Certificate IV in Design, Certificate IV in Interior Decoration or Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration, then you can apply for RPL for these units and continue on to finish the rest of the course with iscd.