What is Colour Design?
Colour Design is about gaining knowledge and skill in understanding the psychology of colour and the application of colour to numerous environments. Residential or commercial design projects, colour development product ranges, product design, corporate marketing, and branding.
To celebrate the launch of our revised industry diploma’s we are currently offering $1,000 off course fee’s if you enrol for July!
We do offer promotions throughout the year.
Click here to learn more about actual offers.
Take your first steps to a creative career with our new online courses.
- Simple interface with lots of visuals and videos.
- Great online community with lively, inspiring, discussion boards with educators + peers
- Academic calendar + simple assessment submission keeps all your information in one place to easily track your progress.
- Quick turnaround on assessment marking + regular contact with your educator.
- Pop up campuses throughout the year for you to connect to our community. Meet peers, educators + have one-on-one sessions.
- 12 hours / week and up to 12 months to complete (but you can go faster)
“I always knew that colour inspired me the most. I knew I needed to study and further my passion. I put in a lot of work into looking at the different colleges and iscd was way out in front of everyone else.” Nadine Donavan
- Apply colour to interiors and exteriors in the built environment
- Use colour to assist in the branding and image development of a business or product
- Create professionally presented colour design solutions incorporating painted finishes, interior and exterior environments
- Interpret and respond to client briefs
- Analyse trends including what influences a trend
After completing the Colour Design Diploma graduates go on to successful design careers in:
- Consultant for corporate marketing and branding
- Work for residential, property developers and large-scale commercial clients as a specialist Colour Designer
- Establish your own Colour Design consultancy business
- To apply colour to interiors and exteriors in the built environment
- To use colour to assist in the branding and image development of a business or product.
- To create professionally presented colour design solutions incorporating painted finishes, interior and exterior environments
- Client analysis to interpret and respond to briefs
- To analyse trends including what influences a trend
- Interior Colour Application
- Colour Psychology, Association + Symbolism
- Paint Systems and Finishes
- Colour Styles and Trends
- Exterior Colour Application
- Colour for Marketing
Assessments are made up of a series of research and practical briefs. Some examples include:
- Colour wheel tool and grey scale
- Abstract and semi-abstract design, linear design techniques and applying colour
- Hand Rendering
- Design history research
- Extended colour theory
- Colour psychology
- Colour for commercial and residential projects
- Interior and exterior colour schemes
- Business practice and designer identity
- Colour for products and branding
Completed Australian Year 10 schooling or
Vocational Certificate III or higher (delivered in
You can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) in the forms of credits or a course waiver if you have like-for-like Units of Competency, skills and knowledge.
First Wednesday of every month
6 + hours per week | 12 months (includes assessments/homework)
With over 30 years of design industry experience and a forward-thinking focus and creative and supportive environment.
Work with our industry partners on design briefs and graduate with real-world experience.
This course includes industry briefs and awards to provide you with strong foundations of working within the design industry.