Learn the tricks to styling food! Come share the creative vision of Sallyanne, herself a ‘foodie’ who is passionate about food presentation. This workshop is geared towards anyone who wants to understand the essentials of presenting food stylishly. Explore the world of food plating. This is not a cooking course as such, but an exploration of design theory through the strong visual platform of food, enabling you to make the most of everything you present, no matter what your capability or your preferred culinary style or budget. Join in and become inspired by the world of food presentation. Guaranteed from here on in, you will look at food in a whole new light!
Who should attend?
- Avid home cooks
- Design principles
- Plating of food
- Presentation + Styling
- Effective sauce techniques
- Discuss the pros and cons of crockery and serving ware
- Current trends in food plating and how to apply them
What to bring
- Chopping board (wood or plastic)
- A few sharp knives (small to medium)
- Pointed blade scissors (if available)
- Hand held citrus zester if you have one!
- Plastic storage container or some ziploc bags (to transport any creations home)
- An apron (optional)
- Pen and paper for note taking
Please bring the below foods listed:
2 Lebanese Cucumbers
Venue: iscd Sydney or Melbourne campuses
You can book your workshop online using a credit card or Paypal account. Choose your city (Sydney or Melbourne) tab below, click on the Eventbrite button and follow the easy step-by-step process.
All iscd workshops require a minimum number of students. In the event that the minimum number required is not met the workshop will be cancelled. If a workshop cancellation occurs, we will automatically refund you. You can cancel and get a refund up to 24 hours before the event. In the event that you cannot attend the workshop that you have booked into and the workshop is held, there are no refunds or credits issued.