Our nine-week Drawing and Rendering Short Course is an intensive program focused on providing interior designers, decorators and stylists with the technical skills of drawing plans, elevations and perspectives to take your ideas and communication to the next level of professionalism.
The course instructs all aspects of architectural drawing communication in response to briefs, and includes orthographic and perspective drawing techniques. It shows how to take design concepts and ideas to industry presentation standards through drawing packages, and what you will be expected to produce as a designer or decorator.
Through a range of exercises and briefs you will learn the standards for technical drawing conventions and how to collate your information in one reference document to communicate with other design associates and your clients. You will learn the skill of how to successfully demonstrate your ideas through your drawings.
This course will equip you with the methods to hand draft your drawings, which can then be translated into computer-aided drawings through AutoCAD.
Please note this is a professional short course and as such does require a level of pre-requisite knowledge. Please talk to one of our student advisors to understand if you are eligible for this course.
Who should attend?
- Interior Stylists + Decorators
- Colour Designs / Consultants
- Design Professionals
- Styling Students + Graduates
Classes will be a combination of current Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration students and working professionals choosing to upskill.
- Understanding what tools, materials and equipment are required to draw and document interior design work
- Creating technical drawings using the correct conventions and standards
- Create schedules and specifications to communicate building and construction methods and materials in your design work
- Produce one-point and two-point perspective drawings
- Complete a documentation package of all of your drawings and schedules
- Notebook + Pen
- Visual Diary
- Artline Pen – black
We provide for you in class notes + handouts, at the first lesson there will be additional items that you can bring with you.
- Please call one of our Student Advisors to check the pre-requisite knowledge required for this course. If successful, a student advisor can book you in.
- Note – All iscd short courses require a minimum number of students. In the event that the minimum number required is not met the course will be cancelled. If a course cancellation occurs, you will have the option to transfer your booking to the next available workshop or request a refund.
- In the event that you cannot attend the short course that you have booked into and the workshop is held, there are no refunds/credits issued.
The school’s strong industry connections and flexible study options are integral to helping students achieve their goals. “Whether students attend our North Sydney or Melbourne CBD campus or study online, everyone receives the support they need to realise their potential.”
WENDY GREENHALF,General Manager iscd