What is Colour Design?
Colour Design is about gaining knowledge and skill in understanding the psychology of colour and the application of colour to numerous environments. Residential or commercial design projects, colour development product ranges, product design, corporate marketing, and branding.
After completing the Colour Design Diploma graduates go on to successful design careers in:
- Consultant for corporate marketing and branding
- Work for residential, property developers and large-scale commercial clients as a specialist Colour Designer
- Establish your own Colour Design consultancy business
You can keep up to date with current jobs that are available now in the design industry on our job board.
To celebrate the launch of our revised industry diploma’s we are currently offering $1,000 off course fee’s if you enrol for the April intake!
We do offer other promotions throughout the year.
Click here to learn more about actual offers.
This Diploma is available in Sydney, Melbourne or Online.
- To apply colour to interiors and exteriors in the built environment
- To use colour to assist in the branding and image development of a business or product.
- To create professionally presented colour design solutions incorporating painted finishes, interior and exterior environments
- Client analysis to interpret and respond to briefs
- To analyse trends including what influences a trend
- Learn the processes to generate conceptual ideas
- Identify design movements and historical influences, applying design industry knowledge
- Start and complete design processes
- Explore colour theory in detail to understand colour application
- Gain a sound understanding of the elements and principles of design and the various composition techniques
- Apply colour to interiors and exteriors in the built environment
- Effectively use colour to assist in the branding and image development of a business or product
- Create professionally presented colour design solutions incorporating painted finishes, interior and exterior environments
- Understand and work with your client through client analysis by responding to briefs
- Interpret and respond to industry design briefs
- Learn to analyse trends including what influences a trend
- Use trend colours whilst learning how to identify a style in comparison to a trend
- Advanced colour theory and history
- Interior colour application
- Colour pyschology, association and symbolism
- Paint systems and finishes
- Colour styles and trends
- Exterior colour application
- Colour for marketing
- Business practices
Assessments are made up of a series of research and practical briefs. Some examples include:
- Colour wheel tool and grey scale
- Abstract and semi-abstract design, linear design techniques and applying colour
- Hand Rendering
- Design history research
- Extended colour theory
- Colour psychology
- Colour for commercial and residential projects
- Interior and exterior colour schemes
- Business practice and designer identity
- Colour for products and branding
With over 30 years of design industry experience and a forward-thinking focus iscd is a creative and supportive environment.
We cater for your needs and lifestyle with campuses located in Sydney and Melbourne and from the comfort of your own home via Online Education
Work with our industry partners on design briefs and graduate with real-world experience.
This course includes industry briefs and awards to provide you with strong foundations for working within the design industry.
The school’s strong industry connections and flexible study options are integral to helping students achieve their goals. “Whether students attend our North Sydney or Melbourne CBD campus or study online, everyone receives the support they need to realise their potential.”
WENDY GREENHALF,General Manager iscd