What is Colour Design?
Colour Design is about gaining knowledge and skill in understanding the psychology of colour and the application of colour to numerous environments. Residential or commercial design projects, colour development product ranges, product design, corporate marketing, and branding.
We do offer promotions throughout the year. Click here to learn more about actual offers.
How can I become a Colour Designer?
When you study the Colour Design Diploma you first gain the fundamentals of colour and design with the Certificate IV in design (CUA40715) built into the first half of the Diploma. Then building on this foundation, develop extensive knowledge and skills in applying colour to real industry briefs in the second stage of the Colour Design Diploma.
When you graduate the Colour Design Diploma we’re here to help with opportunities on our job board and our professional short courses; Drawing + Documentation and Rendering + Visual Communication which will give you the technical drawing and software skills in InDesign and Photoshop.
This Diploma is available in Sydney, Melbourne or Online.
Our Colour Design Diploma is a step-up on the colour principles gained from your Certificate IV in Design. Instead of gouache painted chips, you will work with commercial colour fan decks and professional colour reference books.
What you’ll learn
- To apply colour to interiors and exteriors in the built environment
- To use colour to assist in the branding and image development of a business or product.
- To create professionally presented colour design solutions incorporating painted finishes, interior and exterior environments
- Client analysis to interpret and respond to briefs
- To analyse trends including what influences a trend
After completing the Colour Design Diploma graduates go on to successful design careers in:
- Consultant for corporate marketing and branding
- Work for residential, property developers and large-scale commercial clients as a specialist Colour Designer
- Establish your own Colour Design consultancy business
You can keep up to date with current jobs that are available now in the design industry on our job board.
- How to apply colour to interiors and exteriors in the built environment
- how to effectively use colour to assist in the branding and image development of a business or product.
- how to create professionally presented colour design solutions incorporating painted finishes, interior and exterior environments
- How to understand and work with your client through client analysis by responding to briefs
- How to interpret and respond to industry design briefs
- Learn to analyse trends including what influences a trend
- How to use trend colours whilst learning how to identify a style in comparison to a trend.
- Interior Colour Application
- Colour Psychology, Association + Symbolism
- Paint Systems and Finishes
- Colour Styles and Trends
- Exterior Colour Application
- Colour for Marketing
Assessments are made up of a series of research and practical briefs that include:
- Colour for commercial and residential projects
- Interior + Exterior Colour schemes
- Business practice + Designer identity
- Colour for products and branding
With over 30 years of design industry experience and a forward-thinking focus iscd is a creative and supportive environment.
We cater for your needs and lifestyle with campuses located in Sydney and Melbourne and from the comfort of your own home via Online Education
Work with our industry partners on design briefs and graduate with real-world experience.
This course includes industry briefs and awards to provide you with strong foundations for working within the design industry.
- Trend Forecasting Agency
- The Colour Society
- Trend Forecasting Colour Palette
- Commercial Colour Palette Design
- Boutique Hotel Concept Award
- Exterior Residential Colour Palette
The school’s strong industry connections and flexible study options are integral to helping students achieve their goals. “Whether students attend our North Sydney or Melbourne CBD campus or study online, everyone receives the support they need to realise their potential.”
WENDY GREENHALF,General Manager iscd
Is this course not quite right for you?
Short Courses & Workshops
We have a number of workshops and short courses that run throughout the year. Here are some courses and workshops that relate to this course.
Upskill your current qualifications
Already qualified in most of these course subjects? You might like to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning and expand your current skill set with one of our specialised diplomas.