This AutoCAD course has been tailored for stylists and designers who are looking to up skill and become confident in using AutoCAD when working with clients. You will learn the ins and outs, tips and tricks and skills that will contribute to you delivering a higher level of service.
Over the 10 weeks, you will work on a series of practical exercises that include completing plans to scale from on-site measurements, elevations, sections and details plus learn how to draw detailed kitchen and joinery designs. These practical exercises will be applied to three project briefs that will see you complete the course with excellent practical AutoCAD drawing skills.
Please note this is a professional short course and as such does require a level of pre-recruisite knowledge. Please talk to one of our student advisors to understand if you are eligible for this course.
Who should attend?
- Interior Stylists + Decorators
- Colour Designs / Consultants
- Design Professionals
Classes will be a combination of current Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration students and working professionals choosing to upskill.
- Navigate and execute AutoCAD
- Develop complete working drawing plans for any building project regardless of scale or genre.
- Draw plans, elevations, sections and details as presentation designs or as fully detailed construction drawings that communicate to technicians or clients
- Create accurate drawing plans to confirm what will fit, how the proportions work, confirm circulation flows and be a tool to assist in procurement management.
- Successfully manage your projects as an interior stylist/designer that support your concept boards and any 2D renderings.
- Notebook + Pen
- Your own laptop (optional)
We provide for you a laptop with AutoCAD installed for you to work on whilst in class, however if you already have AutoCAD on your own personal laptop, you can bring this with you.
- Please call one of our Student Advisors to check the pre-requisite knowledge required for this course. If successful, a student advisor can book you in.
- Note – All iscd short courses require a minimum number of students. In the event that the minimum number required is not met the course will be cancelled. If a course cancellation occurs, you will have the option to transfer your booking to the next available workshop or request a refund. In the event that you cannot attend the short course that you have booked into and the workshop is held, there are no refunds/credits issued.
- In the event that you cannot attend the short course that you have booked into and the workshop is held, there are no refunds/credits issued.
The school’s strong industry connections and flexible study options are integral to helping students achieve their goals. “Whether students attend our North Sydney or Melbourne CBD campus or study online, everyone receives the support they need to realise their potential.”
iscd General Manager,Lucy Sutherland